Ah! I’m so sorry everyone. It was two weeks ago today that I started what was supposed to be a weekly segment on the blog. Unfortunately time flies by too fast and life gets in the way so I missed posting last Friday. I’m thinking that until things slow down for me (I don’t have 8 million things on the go at once) I may have to make this a bi-weekly segment.. hope you don’t mind! On the plus side it gives me that much longer to curate the best links for you <3. Hope you enjoy this weeks edition of weekend reads!
- How To Keep Your Home Cleaner… Every Day Forever – Apartment Therapy. Living in a small condo has made me super passionate about finding the best hacks for maintaining cleanliness, organization, and decorating small spaces. I love the idea of setting up a “landing strip” in your front entrance to help with decluttering. This is definitely something I want to implement over the next couple of weeks!
- I’m Almost 30 How Should I Be Changing My Skincare Routine? – Lauren Conrad. Because I really am almost 30 and skincare is so important. If you don’t take care of your skin now you’re only going to regret it later. I’m always looking to up my skincare game and want all the tips I can get!
- 7 Podcasts We Can’t Stop Talking About – Career Girl Daily. Podcasts are one of the best and easiest ways to learn. You can throw one on while you’re cleaning, driving or in transit, or just hanging out at home. These podcasts are all for the girl boss who wants to take charge of her life!
- How To Make Bulletproof Coffee At Home – The Every Girl. Bulletproof Coffee has been a big part of my routine for the last 6 months, and not only is it amazingly delicious but it’s amazing for your energy levels and brain. You can sub the brain octane for MCT oil which is what I use (don’t do coconut oil it ends up tasting weird). I also add cinnamon, nutmeg, and sometimes I’ll add some organic cacao powder! It’s seriously DELICOUS.
- The Tail End – Wait but Why. This is one of my favorite articles I’ve ever read, and I find myself referencing back to it a lot. It really puts your life into perspective in terms of how much time we have left and how we should devote the time we do have to the the people and priorities we care about the most.
- Rooftop Gardens + Greenhouses: 6 Gorgeous Places To Eat In LA – The Chalkboard Mag. Because who doesn’t love a beautiful outdoor space, and these ones are serious GOALS. I’ll definitely be making it to all of these next time I’m in LA!
- How To Grow An Avocado Tree From A Seed – A Considered Life. If you guys knew how many avocados I consume you would know why this excites me so much! Totally going to try growing my own avocado trees.
- How To Support The Writers & Artists You Love – Ashlee Gadd. This one is so important, especially now since so many people are struggling with the Instagram algorithm. Artists & Writers may have more followers than ever, but less engagement meaning they’re getting less work and starting to struggle. This article outlines simple steps you can take to help support the artists & writers you love.. something as simple as a like or comment goes a long way, but there’s also so much more you can do!
- How To Unwind After A Bad Day – Thirteen Thoughts. Because we all have bad days and sometimes it’s hard to figure out how to get out of that funk! You’ll probably see a lot more from Thirteen Thoughts pinned in my weekend reads because I just love her content… it’s always so meaningful!